Our family LOVES snorkeling Bonaire. And, it couldn’t be easier. Bonaire is well known for her easy access for shore diving for SCUBA divers, and with that comes awesome fishing finding for snorkelers. The sea is calm and the water is clear.
Some of our favorite sites are located very close to Villa Lunt.
- 1000 Steps which isn’t really 1000 steps, but the stone stair case will bring you down to a fabulous snorkel option
- Oil Slick, where you can combine some fun cliff jumping with snorkeling.
- Andrea I & Andrea II are a healthy walking distance from Villa Lunt, but located within the Sabadeco neighborhoods. We enjoy snorkeling at these sites, then jumping off the Sabadeco pier.
We also enjoy bringing our snorkel gear to many of the beaches on Bonaire.
- Spice Beach has a great pier which you can easily access the water while geared up. The pier also attracts lots of fish. As you swim around the pier, you can head toward Coco Beach
- Te’Amo Beach has a beautiful Coral with lots of sea life to be seen. We enjoy spending time snorkeling here while enjoying the Kite City Food truck for a nice lunch. Don’t forget the beach chairs in the garage!
- Jibe City is fun to snorkel around. The water is very shallow. We find much less sea life in this area, but it’s fun day all around, and only more enhanced with snorkels and a fin.
Almost any shore dive site will wow you as a snorkeler. No matter where you go in the water, you are sure to find beautiful fish all around. If you are feeling a little adventurist, grab a dive map, and head out to any shore access site, snorkel up, and have fun.